Thursday, Feb. 13
Women’s Club to focus on education
Brigham City Women’s Club will meet on Thursday, February 13, at 3 p.m. at the Bunderson Center. The afternoon’s program will focus on education, with Box Elder School District Superintendent Steve Carlson and Assistant Superintendent Gary Allen as speakers. Club members are encouraged to bring items for the “Like It, Buy It” club fundraiser sale. Yearbooks will be presented to members who did not receive one at the GFWC conference. Anyone interested in the program or in club membership is invited to attend.
Friday, Feb. 14,
A Sweethearts Ball will be held at the Brigham City Academy Center, 58 N. Main Street, doors open at 6:30 p.m. There will be dancing from 7 to 10 p.m. To music by Jersey Street Band. The price is $10 per person at the door, or by calling 435-230-2576.
Wednesday, Feb. 19
Community emergency response meeting
Brigham City CERT will host Mike Weibel, Emergency Response Coordinator for Bear River Health Department, at 6:30 p.m. at the Brigham City Fire Station, 442 W. Forest Street. The topic is “Disaster Incident Command” which will discuss how emergency personnel and volunteers organize and can work together, handling disasters in the area.
The presentation is open to all Mayors, city council members, emergency managers, CERT members, and other professionals
RSVP by calling 435-723-3116 or 435-730-1709, space is limited.
Saturday, Feb. 22
Children invited to attend ‘Little Royal Ball’
Aspire Performance Academy of the Arts will host its third annual Little Royal Ball, for children 12 years old and younger, at Cooley Collective Studios, 40 N. 100 East, Brigham City, from 6 to 8 p.m. The cost is $5 per person (adult ticket required) or $25 for families with five or
Children are invited to dress up as a prince or princess as they get royal treatment from the official princesses hosting the event.
For more information or reservations, call 435-515-0054.
- Children’s choir (ages 5-7) and vocal performance group (ages 8-14) are held on Tuesdays from 4-5 p.m.; Feb. 5-May 5. Cost is $65.
- Theatre classes for all ages are held on Thursdays from Jan. 23-March 26. Cost is $55. Class times are as follows: Ages 6-10, 4-5 p.m.; and ages 10-13, 5-6 p.m.
- Art around the world will be held on Thursdays from 4-5 p.m. for children ages 5-9. The class runs Jan. 27-March 9. Cost $5.
- Youth painting class will be held on Mondays from 4-5:30 p.m. for children ages 10-15. The class runs Jan. 27-March 9. Cost $5.
- Youth sculpture class will be held on Mondays from 4-5:30 p.m. for children ages 10-15. The class runs March 16-April 27. Cost $50.
- Wonder Academy Magic class will be held on Mondays from 4-5:30 p.m. The class runs from Jan. 27-March 23. Cost $65.
- Teen art class will be held on Tuesday from 4:30-6 p.m. for teens 12-16. The class runs from Feb. 4-March 24. Cost $40.
The center is located at 58 S. 10 West, Brigham City. For more information or reservations, call 435-723-0740, or email email@example.com.
Box Elder News Journal
PO BOX 370
Brigham City, UT 84302
PHONE 435.723.3471 FAX 435.723.5247